Years ago when I was writing but not selling anything, I dreamed of a life in which I was a successful writer with enough money to travel all over the country doing research for my next book.
I haven’t reached that point, but that’s okay, because I am traveling to promote my books and earn an income. I just need to get more efficient and work some research into every trip. 🙂
So here’s my schedule for 2012, so far. If I’m coming to a city near you, and you have suggestions for libraries/yarn shops/bookstores I might contact, please let me know. If there’s something interesting in that area I should see or research, don’t be shy! (And if you know of a responsible person in my area who might want to do chores the days I’m gone, let me know. We have one person lined up, but we’re going to need more.)
- Feb 16-20 San Francisco Writers Conference (and post-conference workshop on memoir)
- March 2-3, Aquindneck Island, RI, “March into Reading” school visit and public booksigning
- March 16, The Loft, Minneapolis (MN Book Award nominees)
- March 18 Women’s History Month, Quatrefoil Library, St Paul
- April 14, Class on writing memoir, Anderson Center, Red Wing, MN (Contact the center to sign up)
- April 20, N.Wis Lutheran Church Librarians, Eau Claire, WI
- April 21-22, Wisconsin Spin-In, Milwaukee
- April 28, Yarnover, Hopkins, MN
- May 8-12, a whole mess of libraries in NW Minnesota
- May 22? Fergus Falls library
- June 1-3 Hoosier Hills Fiber Festival, Franklin, IN
- June 7, Writers on Writing, Stillwater, MN, ValleyBookstore
- June 22-24 Charlotte Fiber Festival, Charlotte, SC
- July 12-14? Iowa City Book Festival, IA
- August 11-12 North Dakota Fiber Festival, Grand Forks, ND
- August 17-10 Michigan Fiber Festival
- Sept 8-9 Wisconsin Fiber Festival, Jefferson County, WI
- Sept 12, Rochester Tech College Garden Party, Rochester, MN
- Oct 9-10 Augustana College, Sioux Falls, SD
- October 27-28, Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair, Asheville, NC
- November…. collapse
- December…continued collapse!
- January 2013…Rest and relaxation
- Feb 2013…more rest and relaxation
- March 2013…Where should I go next?
I hope I’ll be able to meet some of you on my travels.